Thursday 9 June 2011

Week 2 at HTA

It was kind of exciting seeing work that I'd done and contributed to, in a completed, perfect bound, finished book for the Castleward bid! I'm getting a copy to keep for my portfolio, so I can highlight what bits of the infographics I helped with for a project in the real world. (I'm also going to challenge my parents to see if they can tell which bits I did)

Over the past few days I've just been helping out with odd bits and pieces for projects.

I was given a copy of a magazine GQ, Gallions Quarter, laying out and re-jigging some of the pages. It is challenging when pages are already laid out and looked pretty good to see other options beyond that, especially when all the content on the pages was what I had to work with. I've ended up doing a few of the unfinished pages and adverts. Thats still an ongoing project for me to play around with...

Another task was to lay out a document which was to be sent to attendees of a seminar for next week, again, I had all the content to put on, but also make it look good. Working from the invitation, I kept it simple, having the HTA logo and a strip of the image used on the invite. Because people recieving this were likely to print this out on a crappy printer, it didn't need to be too special.

Organising the bookshelf and making tea is also another perk to the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment